I wrote an updated post and then lost it-- so this will be short, as my patience is running thin (shocking, I know). The good days far exceed the bad, and for that we are most thankful! Our February appointment was bumped to March, so we'll use the time to soak up life and count every single blessing. Last night as I drove home, I wailed the words of my favorite Sugarland song...they go like this:
When the walls fall all around you,
when your hope has turned to dust.
Let the sound of love surround you,
beat like the heart in each of us.
Please know that our hearts are busy being surrounded with your love.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's funny how a new day & a good night's sleep brings a fresh perspective. In truth, I posted last night and quickly erased the contents because I knew there was no way my words could accurately communicate what I wanted to say. Forming sentences in the throws of an ugly cry is a double-edged sword; I want to be authentic, but I don't want to seem ungrateful for the many blessings that lie in the big picture.
To that end, I want you to know that mom is back to feeling poorly-- and while we're somewhat sure it is her heart, we can never be certain. She has a wonderful staff at her office (to which we are forever indebted!) that took charge and received the results of last week's bone scan, early. While it shows no signs of progression, her appointment in February will give us some direction as to where we go from here. It's often hard to ask for a prayer rally as I feel like your fervent prayers have carried us to where we are now; but quite frankly, the valley's are so low. So with that, I desperately ask that you lift mom up until this storm passes. We have been blessed beyond absolute measure by having you to call on when this journey takes a turn. Thank-you, for standing in the gap.