Friday, June 17, 2011

I often find myself, mid-week, missing my mom and wanting her to live closer-- there are many days when I wake up and wish she lived next door. I wish I could walk over and share a cup of coffee with her before we start the day and head our separate ways. I know, though, that our relationship wouldn't be what it is if that were the case...so I soak up days like today, where I make the trek and stop to get coffee for us to sit and enjoy together. I'm thankful the drive's not too far, but wish our proximity to one another wasn't so problematic. I'm envious of the time that she gets to sit and chat with my grandfather about truly nothing at all, but I'm grateful that they have one another to look after and call on for a helping hand. So today, she and I will spend the day doing whatever comes to mind-- pretending as if we live close and have the luxury of wasting time together.

I meant to post when we went to the doctor last, but wanted to wait until I had everything rounded up before updating. Early in June we went for the latest bone scan, and all is still well. It's often easy to forget that mom has cancer, but bone scan time serves as a reminder to really be appreciative for all of the fun that we have together. Being bogged down by cancer is the last thing on our minds, and I'm most thankful for that.

Here's some March to June pictures, we've been busy...

* In March, my niece & I celebrated our birthday's together with dinner at mom's and loads of gifts. It's no secret that I love celebrating my birthday with that chicken, but our 25-year age gap really puts things into perspective!
* In April, we taught valuable life skills about the fundamentals of car washing, and used Nonnie's car as the prime example.
* In May, my niece graduated from Kindergarten & shook her booty at her final dance recital. May was also the month we celebrated mom with a day of homemade lunches & front yard sprinklers for the kids.
* In June, we met the newest member of our extended family with a trip to Thomasville. We spent the weekend loving on Maddox and watched as the 6-year-old perfected her mothering skills. We made quite a trip out of that short weekend, and I'm sad that we didn't get more pictures-- but so thankful for our time together!

Happy Summer, friends.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow created with Smilebox

1 comment:

Leigh Ross said...

Mo! Precious pictures of precious people. So good to be with you all several weeks ago. D and I cherish our time with Dusty!
Leigh