Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Here we go, again.

While today isn't a day that we ever saw coming, we have many blessings to count & try to remind ourselves of those on a daily basis. On Monday, mom received a call that changed our future...her cancer is back, and in her bones. At the moment, we have little information about the plan of action but have made a commitment to keeping this site updated to keep everyone informed. As of now, mom has an appointment on October 10th (next Friday) to see where we go from here. Our specific prayer is discernment for our doctors, and that mom continues to feel well through this journey. Our family is still in shock, and while we don't know what the future holds- we know who holds our future and that will sustain us through the waiting period. Thank YOU for being here & standing in the gap with us. We know that God has a plan, and we're looking to him to reveal that plan in the days ahead.


Know that we love you-
Morgan

P.S- Our goal is to give a weekly update, so we'll be back after next Friday's visit to let you know the plan. Until then, please let us know that you've stopped by!

7 comments:

Susan McD said...

Dusty, I hate this. You deserve so much better than more cancer. We walked this road together last time and it will be my honor to walk it again with you. I love you so much. Know that you are in my prayers every day. Love you, Susan McD

Anonymous said...

Cancer sucks. Not the kind of sucking like when you get disappointed by something. The kind of sucking that makes you want to cuss. Ok, so I think I will--this is Shity McShity--yep that's very cathartic.

I know we all would do anything possible to make this go away or take this from you. Know that we love you unconditionally and support you whole heartily. Also know that you do not walk this journey alone but with your family (all of us!) walking along side you.

Much love,
Jonn

Anonymous said...

Dusty,

I am so sorry to hear the news, but I know that we can all trust God that you are in his hands. He has a plan for your life, and for as long as I have known you, you have done everything to glorify Him. I am praying for you and also for your girls and grandchildren!

Much love,

The Burgess Family
(Randy, Suzanne, Madelyn, and Samuel)

The Blakelys said...

Tricia and I will be praying like crazy for all of you. I agree with the Shity McShity comment for sure.

Cason's life verse is Romans 15:13 - "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." As you can imagine we have clung to this verse lots in recent months.

Joy and peace aren't the first things that come to mind when crappy stuff like this happens, but they are available as long as you hope through the Holy Spirit. We'll be praying for these things for you guys.

We love y'all.

B.G.

Anonymous said...

This is not the news anyone wants to hear. You are in my prayers!!! I will be staying up to date with the blog. Love y'all.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news that your cancer has returned. I know your faith is strong. I will keep you in my prayers and will keep up with your journey.

Melissa (Gamber) Collum

Anonymous said...

Those latest pictures are precious of all of you. Nothing like a good day in the pumpkin patch. Love to all of you.
Leigh