Thursday, October 2, 2008

Special Friends.





While there are very FEW times that you will see mom openly elated, talking about Thomasville makes her grin from ear to ear! Thomasville is the place where I've always thought she would leave us "Atlantans" behind and head south. It's the place where she relates most, and says "Wouldn't it be FUN to live here?", EVERYTIME we're down. I never see her as happy as when she's there! We recently went to Thomasville for the wedding of one of our favorite friends. On the way there, mom told me story after story of all the good memories that she had with the friends that we hadn't seen in awhile. When we got to the wedding, she lit up- whispering "Doesn't (so and so) look good?!" through the whole ceremony. At the reception, we saw her get down on the dance floor with the special friends that she had been separated from for so long! Again, I never see her as happy as when she's there. Spending the weekend catching up with old friends was just what she wanted to do, it made her happier than she's been in months!

Last weekend, those special friends came to her! Friday was a day that we hadn't looked forward to because it would either confirm or negate mom's cancer. Her Thomasville friends were wanting to come visit, and this was the perfect opportunity to make that happen! We knew that we would have to play the waiting game until Monday, when her results would be read- so having them in town would keep her mind occupied and off of the "what-if's". From what I've heard, they had a great time & shared decorating tips for mom's bear of a house in Griffin. Thank you, Donna & Leigh, for being such faithful friends- know that mom would move to Thomasville in a heart beat...if she could just convince us to uproot!



M.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moey, Moey, Moey,

First of all, I thank you and Mandy for doing this "blog" to keep up updated.

Secondly, I love your Mother like a sister and, as strange as it sounds, I consider it an honor to go through "anything" with her. We have 35+ years of some of the best memories and times of my life. We share early marriage memories, childbirth memories, adolescent memories, teen memories and memories of marrying our children off. We have decorated together, sewn together, made pear preserves together (what a hoot), been to the beach, the mountains, shopped till we dropped etc, etc, etc, Ater you Mandy and Grant were born we added more wonderful memories to which we continue to add.

I told Dusty last weekend that if she would move to Thomasville I would take care of her. She told me to "get in line" because she has had lots of offers to move to various places. Remember, if you get tired of her telling you what to do, send her to me and we will make more memories!

Love you all,

Donna

Mine and Ron's thoughts and prayers and constantly with Dusty and we will pull her through this "bump in the road". God has a plan and she will be a sronger person in the end.

Unknown said...

Hi Mandy and Morgan,

You probably don't remember me, but I remember you two and your mom, and have kept up with you guys through my Aunt Donna. I've seen your pictures over the years on Donna and Ron's refrigerator, and have heard stories of when Donna would come to visit your mom. I just want to tell you that you all have been, and will continue to be, in my prayers. I will be checking into the blog to check progress.

My love to you all...May God give you the strength to fight, and the faith to trust.
Crista Reese