Not really. I mean, we didn't go anywhere- but there hasn't been much to post about so we've been a little lackadaisical (there's a big English major word, for ya!) about updating. Honestly, I had to sign in twice to remember the password to the blog- we've spent too much time away! There's not much else to tell you except that mom is feeling good. After she started her clinical trial pills she was a little nauseated right after her first bite, (literally! Strange, I know.) and when she would eat anything sweet. But now that's all gone and she's a little nauseated at night. Hopefully ALL of the nausea will be gone soon, and she'll be back to feeling good all the time! Other than that- she's ticking along...working all the time, and trying to get her house S-O-L-D! The other night, she and PaPa came to our house for dinner and I asked her what she thought we should talk about here. She told me that she couldn't think of anything since she was feeling fine, with nothing else to report.
And then she told me a story that we both agreed needed to be posted. So here it goes...
On Saturday, mom had a party at her house with the girls at work. At 3:00, mom decided she would take a shot at her pain in the...neck, bathroom door. Let me give you a little back history on the bathroom door. Mom's house was built in the 20's so the doors are all originals- door knobs included. The downstairs bathroom door has been a pain since day ONE! Most of the time, it locks you inside and you have to knock for someone to let you out. Get the picture? Pain in the...neck, bathroom door.
Fast forward to Saturday.
She decides to fix the lock from the inside. Remember the part about "most of the time it locks you inside and you have knock for someone to let you out"? There's a catch, she was alone. So there she is, locked inside the bathroom and no way to get out...or was there? Guests coming at 6:00 left her three hours to sit and wait- or do something in her own fashion. And so she did. There's a window in the bathroom that's about 3 feet x 3 feet when the window is open. She decides to take a stab at getting out the window. So she stands on the toilet, and one leg at a time, pushes herself out the window. Amazingly, she manages to get herself all the way out of the window- and falls to the ground unhurt. How's that for a woman with bone cancer? Between her circus act window escapes and horse rides for these two- I'd say the cancer is the least of our worries for broken bones!
And yes. The party went off without a hitch.
M.
5 comments:
she's lucky that her guests didn't get there to find not only was nothing done, but she was lying on the front porch with a broken hip, back, whatever! Crazy woman! And I think the window is more like 18 inches wide- she said it was touching her chest and her back!
Yes I can believe it. When I was there last (in Dec) I too got locked in. I knocked and knocked and yelled and yelled and finally Dusty thought someone was at the fron door. By this time I was laughing so hard.....let's just day it is a good thing I had already used the bathroom. She told me what to do to prevent this from happening again. So apparantly she didn't take her own advise. You gotta love her--I DO!
Donna
sorry about the typos
D
Hey,What can I say...when you find yourself all hemmed up and no way out..look around..God always provides a way even if it looks small..almost impossible! It was a good lesson to me that we have to try even when their seems to be no way out. God will always help us find a way back home!
PS, a nice young man at the party fixed the door and we were back in business (literally)in minutes! dusty
Mom said to tell you good job...she would have done the same thing..I'm telling you to BE CAREFUL.
Leigh
Post a Comment