In the past few weeks a lot has happened in regards to the fear that genetically, Mandy and I could be at risk for breast cancer. Mandy was referred to a specialist after an abnormal mammogram, and I will go (to the same specialist, coincidentally) on March 2nd to have doctors take a look at some places on me. While we're certain that everything will turn out okay, it's better to err on the side of caution. On Thursday, the 19th, mom and I are going to talk to a geneticist to get a feel of how much "at risk" Mandy and I are for the breast cancer gene. Some of our doctors have recommended that Mandy and I be genetically tested for the gene- but mom's cancer specialist wants us to see the geneticist first, to see if she is a carrier. The same day, mom will get back the results of her bone scan from last week. Our hope is that the medication is doing it's job at keeping these cells in their place!
Thank-you for continuing to keep up with us. Lots of times we have little to say because there's (thankfully!) not much to report from our boring life. God remains faithful to us even when our future is uncertain, and we are MOST thankful for that.
We Love You-
M.
P.S.- Mandy & Rob are at Chick-fil-A seminar this week and we're sure that they're having a blast. Please pray for safe travels, while they're BOTH away from the kids.
3 comments:
You know that you are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayer and now specifically for good results on the bone scan and a good "cancer free" future for the girls. I love you all
anonymous was me, Donna.
Praying for you guys!
The Pelts
Post a Comment