I volunteer for an organization called Camp Sunshine--an amazing year round support system for kids with cancer. September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and I couldn't let the month pass without sharing my love for these kids.
I know what your thinking, and the answer is yes! I absolutely surround myself with cancer. While you may think there's a lot of sadness with both adult and childhood cancer, I can guarantee you...there's also a lot of joy.
I've seen it first hand.
Camp Sunshine is a magical place where nothing more than a love for each other, and a longing for a normal childhood exists. Everything outside of that realm falls to the wayside- including physical impairments, cancer treatment, and sickness.
Today, I received an email from the Camp Sunshine house that made me thankful for what I do. Lots of people helped to make this past summer's camp a success for me, and this video is for you. Thank-you, from the bottom of my very humble heart for loving me enough to love my passion. I believe, wholeheartedly, in volunteer work and know that we can all find somewhere to get involved and give back to others. I hope YOU will find a place to plug in and help someone else, it will change your life forever.
Click here to see the Camp Sunshine THANK-YOU video!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness..I had to have a box of tissue after watching this. Having had a nephew with childhood cancer, I could relate so well..so thanks, Moey for all you do at Camp Sunshine
Love,
Leigh Ross
Post a Comment