Friday, September 4, 2009

Jeans

I love Saturday Night Live, I can't help myself-- I just do. Not new SNL, the kind that's mostly unfunny with a side of humor. The old fashioned SNL, where every skit was wet-your-pants funny. We watched it as kids, almost religiously--whether we understood it or not, my parents watched every Saturday night and we'd join the fun. Somewhere between the hilariously-funny days and now, a skit came out that Could.Not. have been more my mother. And sadly...she missed it. I didn't realize she'd missed it, until yesterday. We were cleaning her house and something reminded me of the skit- so I asked her, "Mom, have you seen Mom Jeans on Saturday Night Live?" "No," she responded, "what's that about?"

I couldn't handle it. The one skit that gave perfect description to my mom's faithful relationship with her favorite tapered-high wasted-stonewashed apparel...and she missed it. As quick as my barefoot feet could move, I went to the computer and YouTubed it...she had to see it. Y'all-- and I'm not kidding-- every single time I see this skit I think about my mom. Thankfully, a few years ago she let go of wearing the mom jeans...although admittedly, they still sleep in her closet. I love Saturday Night Live, and keep the hope alive that one day they'll be back to funny. But in the interim- I'll have to YouTube happier times. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Madge said...

Morgan,I love this blog and check it all the time.Thanks for keeping us informed about Dusty.Mom Jeans is so funny,I hadn't seen it,& reminds me of several people myself
included. I pray for Dusty everyday
and I hope if you every need my help you will call on me.
Thanks again, Madge

Anonymous said...

I love some MOM jeans! Still have my best pair just in case I go somewhere "Chick"...Mom