Just because we're going away doesn't mean YOU have to. Cruise (ha!) on over to some of these spots while we're gone...we'll be back before you know it!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
I don't know if you read blogs like I do-- but for me, they are my pleasure principle. Hardly ever do I read a book that doesn't have an educational tie, so I take in every second of blog life possible. I think my love for blogs stems from my devotion to memoirs. I have a hard time following history congested non-fiction, and lack the creativity to enjoy fiction--but I can snuggle into a warm seat at Barnes and Noble and read a biography for hours. Don't psychoanalyze me, I already know it's because I'm entirely too fascinated with other people's lives. Nosey neighbor? Perhaps.
I've recently discovered a few that I love. For different reason. Some, because I have crazy affection for my home-- others because I am absolutely floored by the courage, strength, and determination of the author. The latter is true about THIS amazing blog. Stephanie, or "NieNie" and her husband were tragically burned in a plane accident a little over a year ago, and her blog community rallied together to help out in every single way imaginable. Her family raised their kids, and uprooted their home all while Stephanie was resting in a coma, and her husband was confined to a hospital bed. Their story is amazing, and if you google it-- you'll find more than you ever dreamed about this tight-knit Mormon family. There's also a link on her page for her sister's (CJane) blog. Their entire family has a lot to offer the blogging community, and their amazing story of picking up the ball when their lives stopped unexpectedly, grounds me every time I read their blogs. Go there, you'll have a new lease on life and be reminded to be thankful for every.single.second.
I was turned on to THIS blog not long ago because she's a city girl turned farm wife, and she has some ABSOLUTELY amazing recipes. The Pioneer Woman's blog is full of decorating-picturetaking-kidraising-animalhearding advice with an entire section devoted to cooking, recipes, and food suggestions. You know I can't turn down a good fill-your-soul and your belly at the same time, recipe! Go see her-- you'll thank me.
Last, is a blog my sister turned me onto sometime around Christmas last year. When I saw pictures of THIS renovation, I was hooked! Her kids are eat-their-face-off precious, and her home is a restoration lover's dream! Both Darby and her sister are Auburn alums, but we won't hold that against them-- they have enough renovation ideas and sewing suggestions to keep any SEC fan coming back for more!
I hope you'll add these blogs to your favorites. They all update often, and really have a lot to teach others-- two things that will forever be at the top of my favorite's list!
All Aboard!
1 comment:
LOVED the Christmas slide show! Thanks for your efforts on the blog Morgan. I love pulling it up and finding a new post, it's really appreciated by more people than you know.
Post a Comment