
We went with mom to the oncologist yesterday which was not as productive as we had hoped, but maybe we're close. He said that the biopsy confirmed that the bone cancer that she has now is metastacised breast cancer and not a primary bone cancer. Mom said she was hoping he would come in and say they had made a mistake and it wasn't cancer after all, but no such luck. However, he did say it's only in her bones which is a better prognosis than if it were in any tissues or organs. He wanted to do a few more tests which she did yesterday and today and she is supposed to meet with him again Friday. After getting all these test results back he said he'll review them with the radiologist and will have a treatment plan on Friday. Probably some radiation and maybe chemo, hormone treatments, and/or clinical trials. He seemed very confident that, although no treatment will cure her, the cancer could be controlled for a long time as long as it stays in the bone, which is the goal of the treatment.
We're looking forward to a fun time in Macon at the Race for the Cure this Saturday and will post some pictures from that and his decision at the appointment Friday soon.
Mandy
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. I'll be checking back!
I am Melissa Evans, but Dusty probably remembers me as Melissa Butler even though you guys were at my wedding. :) I worked at Eagle's Landing for 4 years and I got the priviledge of doing referrals for Dusty in the Women's Center. My time at the Women's Center was definately the best time I spent working at ELFP. Dusty alwasy made it fun for us with her be-dazzling random pink things and the very generous Christmas Party she threw for us at her house. Dusty is such an awesome and caring person, her patients wouldn't think twice about waiting 2 hours just to see her. I don't even think many celebrities can say that!
Dusty has always been such a wonderful woman, and I hate to hear that her cancer is back. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.
Love Melissa
hi,i don't know you dusty but i have heard a lot of nice things about you for several years.my sister inlaw sees you and said you are the best doctor around and the kindest ,you take time with them and take them under your wings.you are an angel i heard.God Bless You and we will be praying for you every day.HAVE A BLESSED DAY,SHARON HENSON
Post a Comment