Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ansley Ruth.


I wanted to blog this around Thanksgiving, and then it slipped past me. My niece L-O-V-E-S the camera! Lately, I've noticed that she's really getting a hang of the concept. She understands that you have to stand together, smile, and that the viewfinder shows you exactly what your picture will look like. If there's a camera around, the girl has to have it in her hands. On Thanksgiving, she wouldn't stop until she had successfully taken a picture of every person, and every corner of Nonnie's yard. As I went back through mom's camera, to post Thanksgiving pictures, I laughed at the tons of random pictures that she had snapped throughout the day. The first picture, she and I were sitting outside of mom's house and she says to Mandy, "Mommy, get over there next to Nonnie and let me take your picture." (The child is 3, let me remind you!) But here's the picture that she took.


Pretty impressive, we all thought!

Then, I got the camera back and among the thousands of pictures of grass, leaves, and ant beds- I found this. It melted my heart.



Captured from her sweet, 3-year-old, perspective. A shot of what she could see of herself- and amazingly in focus. The girl captured my heart from day one- now she's learning to capture the lives of others, one frame at a time.


M.

3 comments:

The Preston Family said...

PRECIOUS! The shoes pic is really good!!!

gertsbride said...

I'm sure Mandy will find the most creative of ways to frame the shoes pic!

Continuing to pray,
The Pelts
LaGrange

Anonymous said...

hey morgan and mandy,
just found your blog through brittains. so sorry to hear of your mom's relapse. i will pray for her health and earthly healing and for YOU as well. I know how hard it can be when your mom has cancer.
Holly Hoenes
Cincinnati, OH