As you know, I'm a blog hopper. I love the candid-ness of blogs as it's usually the place where people are the most genuine about the triumphs and struggles in their lives. Many years ago, I started my blog hopping on a site called Caringbridge- a host site for families who are faced with critical illness. As I hopped my way from page to page, I found a family that I instantly fell in love with....the Escoes. Mom is a strong, devoted, hilarious! owner of the page who keeps the humor flowing even when things are at their worst. See...their family was faced with not one but TWO blows of cancer...at the same time. I can't think of any darker time than to find out that both your youngest child & your husband have cancer- but she managed to saturate her blog with humor and authenticity, never expressing one ounce of sadness for herself. After awhile, the Escoe's moved from Caringbridge to a Blogspot page, where they are today. While her youngest is cancer-free, dad has never gotten a clean bill of health. I often think of our own story and what a blessing it was to have an 8 year reprieve from cancer- but I'm always saddened when I see families still fighting, so many years later. Last night I saw that the latest pet scan showed new signs of cancer in dad's brain. I was heartbroken for their family as I felt the weight from another devastating blow. I went to bed thanking God for all that our family has been given, knowing that HE is in charge of our future. While our family was pained by the news that mom's cancer had returned, we have been immensely blessed with a normal life that doesn't revolve around sickness.
Although I've never personally met the Escoes- their story could overflow the pages of a book with the amount of peeks and valley's they've endured. I hope that you will visit their site, (notquitewhatihadplanned.blogspot.com) follow, and pray for their family. There is never a good time for bad news, but this family has lived with more than their share.
M.
No comments:
Post a Comment