Monday, March 23, 2009

Waiting.

When Mandy and Rob got married, I sang a song by a fellow FBCJ-ian named John Waller. It's been awhile since I've heard any of his songs- but as I was driving home the other day I heard his newest, and it brought me to tears. "While I'm Waiting" is featured in the new movie Fireproof- but I think it speaks volumes about where we are right now.

I haven't written in awhile, and here's why...I haven't known what to say. Relapse has many more valleys than peeks and it keeps you worrying what the next test will bring. As I watched my mom do her magic on my yard this weekend I thought, "Please Lord, help me to cherish the time with my mom- and remind me to NEVER take it for granted." As I've said before, our life thankfully doesn't revolve around cancer- but it's times like this weekend when she sits down to take a break that our reality hits me square in the face. I try to take in as much of the good as I can, knowing that those are the times that I want to remain at the forefront of my mind- but it's not always easy.

We continue to pray for clean scans, but right now, we're playing the waiting game until mom's next appointment. Our hope is that it will show the same picture as we've seen in the past, and we will continue to pray for that original picture until we know more.

M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love your mom. I pray for her alot. I am 36 and have lost both of my parents. So you are right when you say please let me cherish this time, and not take it for granted. Your mom is a precious person, and so are you. She knows she is surrounded by people who love her, and that is so important. I was 23 when I lost my mom, and she was my best friend. I miss her everyday. But I have so many great memories. Those are what get me through. So make lots and lots of memories. I pray for yall to have lots of years of memories ahead. Love You girl.