Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bone Scan Update

Hey friends-- I'm gonna make this quick because life calls (and for the record...I'm so glad that it does!). Yesterday, we went to the oncologist and found that although mom's scans hadn't been officially read-- everything seemed to look the same. There's some question about a new spot on her right upper arm, but we're looking further into that and will find out something for sure, today. The biggest blessing is that there is no evidence of disease anywhere else in her body. Bone cancer is tricky because the scans aren't crystal clear, but subjective. Having scans at different locations, on different machines makes it hard to compare scans-- leaving "new" spots, questionable. So...with that said, we're most thankful that even if different spots show up, the cancer is contained to her bones. Thank-you for being here...still. I know I've been terrible about updating, but I really love the real time mom and I get to spend together, so I'd spend it away from here any day of the week. Maybe a quick phone call, or an email (dustyis@comcast.net) would be good this week-- I know she loves to hear from you!

And, because my niece is the funniest kid on the planet...I'll leave you with a sampler platter of what we've been up to. More pictures like this are coming....you.just.wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news--God is good! That Ansley!! She does that look better than anyone else I have ever seen and in Nonnie's glasses. Love you all, Donna

Connie said...

Thank you God! Love you Dusty! Thank you Morgan for your diligence in keeping this wonderful blog out there for all of us! Love to you all, Connie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Mo...God is good and I thank Him everyday for good things for Dusty. Love to all of you...BTW...Whitney and I are going to stop by your Mom's on Sunday. Whit has a training session on Monday in Marietta so I'm going with her for the night. Will be so good to see Dusty..