Thursday, August 12, 2010

Friday.

You thought you weren't going to get an update, didn't you? I'm working HARD on my follow through this month...

Mom prepped me, Thursday night, by saying I shouldn't get my hopes up for immediate test results on Friday-- luckily, she was wrong. That's the thing about being in the medical field party pool, she's treated like royalty...and I'll be the first to admit-- I'm lovin' it! As we walked out the door, her doctor stopped us and explained that the stress test showed no blockages in her heart- reassuring us that her otherwise healthy heart is simply weak. We've talked a lot, lately, about the things that she could do to strengthen her heart...and walking on a small incline seems to be the recommendation for increasing her heart's muscle strength. Unfortunately, congestive heart failure doesn't repair itself-- so exercising will only better her heart by 5% max. We accept a 'good' (relativity amazes me!) report with a silver platter, so we'll follow up with him in a month to see how well her medication is working to better her shortness of breath. Another week calls for another doctor's appointment, so we'll see her oncologist Monday to make sure all is well there. She'll have a few days off, after that, to take in some friend time with her favorites from Thomasville-- and she's SO looking forward to it!

I hope you're not snoozing on your keypad from my overly boring post, I'll be back with some pictures to spruce this place up!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week's appointment with mom's cardiologist left us with another appointment Friday morning for a stress test. I'm going, to keep a watchful eye and make sure everything goes as planned...something about my heart-failured mother on a steadily inclining treadmill makes me a *little* apprehensive. Hopefully we'll know more tomorrow about how well (or UN-well) her heart is functioning. For now, I'm gonna spend a night with my mama-- and see if I can get her to jump on the Project Runway train! We'll update with what we hear...

5 comments:

Gay K. Robinson said...

Thinking of you all and praying that the test results are all good.
Hugs and love to your entire family.

Gay K. Robinson said...

And please don't tell me that you don't watch So You Think You Can Dance!! It's so good!

Anonymous said...

My love, thoughts and prayers are with Dusty today and always. Positive thoughts are going your way.

Love you, Donna

Anonymous said...

Anxiously awaiting positive news. Looking forward to our visit with Dusty next week..
Love ya'll
Leigh

Connie Turner said...

Anxiously awaiting news with positive thoughts and prayers.