I'm a worrier by nature, or maybe not. My mom is a worrier, too-- so really it's not entirely my fault...I come by it honestly. Either way, my mind works overtime worrying about things that are completely out of my control. Lately, I worry day and night about the future-- and quite frankly, it's exhausting. On Saturday, mom and I picked up the monkey's for a spend the night party-- when we switched cars with Rob, I climbed into the driver's seat and this song was playing.
As my niece and nephew sang at the top of their lungs, I was reminded that I serve a RISEN Savior who is greater & stronger than any worry that boggles down my thoughts. And while I'm sure worrying will always be one of my biggest character flaws, I hold fast to God's word that reminds me that HE will take care of all of our tomorrows. Sometimes he speaks to me loudly, and I'm so busy with my own agenda that I miss it-- but this weekend his truth came in the form of something I could remember, and has replaced my mind's worries with a song.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. -Matthew 6:34
1 comment:
I try not to worry and just let God be in charge..but I guess I worry about a lot of things I have no control over...I do serve a risen savior and I know that my kids will be just fine now and forever...still I'm the mom! It is so comforting to hear your grandkids bellowing "Our God, there's none like you"!
Post a Comment