Thursday, August 26, 2010

T' Ville



I do love Thomasville, and half of my heart wishes I had grown up there-- but I didn't. My parents lived in Thomasville before Mandy & I were thought of, and as we drove around town last week I realized that half of my mom's heart never really left. Not that I didn't know that. I did. But she remembers people and places like she lived there yesterday, not 35 years ago. We had a short, but really fun trip-- I'll tell you about it through pictures...


I told Leigh I wouldn't put this on the Internet, but I lied. Mostly because it really is a good picture-- and I changed it to black & white in case she was feeling uneasy about a post-surgery picture being out there for y'all to see. We spent most of the day with Leigh, catching up on life and laughing about getting old. Not me. Them. I don't know a thing about getting old. Leigh battled some small signs of pneumonia, after we left, but she's doing better and taking the care she needs to bounce back!


We left Leigh and went here... I love small town life, the heart of the city is downtown-- and the shopping is so, so great.


When we left downtown, we walked down memory lane with a ride through old neighborhoods-- and came upon this house. My parents lived in this precious house for 5 years-- and although it has changed some since they lived here, it's still full of lots of charm and even more memories.


We ran back to Donna's to grab Ron (...that's Donna's husband, who honestly deserves the husband-of-the-year award for every year that they have been married. He's an ABSOLUTELY incredible man, who can knock your socks off with his woodworking skills!) and headed back to town to enjoy dinner here...

Jonah's was featured in Southern Living a while back. This girl LOVES some Southern Living, so I made the executive decision for us to try it before we left-- and we were absolutely not disappointed. If you ever stop in to Thomasville, go by there-- it's a neat little place downtown with a back story of how the owner came up with the name-- go here and check it out!

We strolled around town for a little while before heading back to their house for the night. Friday morning came bright & early for us, as we had to head back home for an un-expected stop before leaving for LaGrange. Our tired bottoms finally made it to LA Friday night, where we celebrated with my nephew (who is still reminding himself that he's 4, not 3!) at his super-hero birthday!

Thank-you Donna & Ron for having us at your beautiful home! We love you dearly--and I, for one, can't wait to get back there to spend more time downtown! Leigh, we're praying hard for your strength and stamina-- we love you!! Get those bones strong so you can come visit us here next month!


_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'll be back with pictures from my nephew's birthday-- having 3 SLR cameras in our family makes it hard to get all the pictures in one place-- so let me round those up and we'll post them here. My sister blew the the birthday party out of the water (again!) with homemade capes and masks for everyone! I can't wait for you to see the pictures-- it was a blast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Thomasville...even after missing life there nearly 35 years..a trip to Thomasville will make you wish every living child could grow up in a this slow paced easy living town.

Anonymous said...

Moey...I love you! Your precious words just melt my heart. Thanks for blacking and whiting this picture of sickly looking me...I am definitely the thorny looking one in the midst of 2 beautiful roses!! I love your Mom more than life itself...for what she represents, for her tenacity, her integrity and her love for her friends and family. I'm so fortunate to call her my friend and I look forward to fun times with her when I'm recovered...Come on back to T'ville..there's a whole lotta love going on here
Leigh

Anonymous said...

Moey, what a talent you have for giving life to words! It was sooo much fun having you two girls here, laughing, "decorating" in our heads, eating, remininscing and just basking in the long term friendship that we share. I knew you before you were born and have loved you like my own every since. Your Mom in more special to me that I caould every express and I ALWAYS love our time together. Even after a long absence we just pick up where we left off. Boy, did we make some good memories in that little brick house on Myrtle! Love you all and hope to see you real soon, Donna