Not long ago, my niece and I made a quick run to Wal-Mart on one of my weekend stays in LaGrange. And while I don't remember why we went, or why Bo was absent from the rendezvous...I'll NEVER forget a conversation that took place while we were singing a booty shakin' version of Beyonce's Single Ladies. As she unbuckled herself from her car seat, I opened the door...
Me: What did you say the words to that song were? If you like it then what?
Her: If you like it then you should have put your name on it.
Me: Oh, that's what I thought you said...I just wondered.
She then grabbed my hand and walked confidently into Wal-Mart...because those WERE the words, after all.She's 5...and putting your name on it makes perfect sense!
Since that day, every time I hear that song I think about her-- it's become a family joke, and I can't say that I've sung the right words to the song since learning my niece's rendition. Right words or not...Sara Bareilles has a new version and you've got to hear it!
And while we're at it...I'll plug this newbie. I love Sara Bareilles, but I love acoustic Sara Bareilles even better! I heard this on a local radio station for the first time, not long ago, and I've loved it ever since-- you can't grab the acoustic version on Itunes *yet*...but my fingers are crossed that it's coming! Enjoy...
No comments:
Post a Comment