Monday, March 19, 2012

I hadn't intended on posting so soon, but things have taken a turn and I wanted to reach out to you to ask that you keep us in your prayers as we prepare for what's ahead. Not long after that last post, mom's pain went from bad to worse-- and she's been struggling to get it under control ever since. Her neurologist found a way to fast-foward the procedure to next week; specifically Tuesday, March 27th. Moving this surgery forward is an absolute blessing as mom's pain has become intolerable in the past few days, leaving her unable to even attempt daily tasks. Logistically, we're working to make sure we can be available to her for as long as it takes to recover and be good as new-- I've prayed long and hard today that the first part of this plan would be for everything to fall into place so that Mandy and I are able to be with her every step of the way. For now, she's taking some pretty hefty pain-killers to provide some form of relief until next week. We're praying hard that this procedure will be all that is necessary to stop the pain and allow mom to return to work and the life she is so accustomed to living. We couldn't be more thankful for the relationship that mom has built with all of her doctors, as they constantly look out for her best interest and find a way to get the ball rolling in a timely matter; and we are confident that this neurosurgeon has her best interest in mind, and knows the necessary steps to eliminate the source of her pain.

All of that said, I hope you'll fast-forward your prayers in asking for physical protection for mom both before and during the surgery, and for guidance and clarity of mind for the surgeon. Thank-you's don't seem sufficient enough when people are standing in the gap on your behalf, but it's about all we can muster at the moment-- so please know that we are incredibly thankful for all that you do to remind all three of us that we're at the top of your thoughts.



p.s. Lately, I've had this song on repeat. My sister and I spent many hours creating routines to Whitney Houston's songs in the basement of our childhood home. Admittedly, it rocked me hard when I heard about her passing. I love her still, and am thankful that even in the hard times-- her music makes sense.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if it's just me and you here..still I am thankful to know you care so much still..after these many years of struggling against the mean cruel disease..cancer. We're still here- fixing things as they break... having the best life possible in between. I love you so much. mom

Anonymous said...

Love you all to the moon and back and praying without ceasing! Donna

Connie said...

This song is absolutely beautiful; I don't recall ever hearing her sing this but it gave me chills and tears. I am constantly amazed by your strength Dusty and warmed by the love and care of your beautiful daughters. You will be kept in my prayers and are always in my thoughts. I want you to know what a quiet inspiration you are to me! I am so sorry for the pain you are in and I pray God will work miracles through the surgeons hands. Love you.Connie