Tuesday, March 2, 2010

AWOL.

We haven't been intentionally absent, but life continues as normal with mom working her usual 5-day schedule & recently adding a Sunday afternoon watercolor class to her weekend routine. Last week left mom in charge of a 3 and 4-year-old as Rob & Mandy went to their yearly CFA seminar. All of us had a good time with the kids, and gained a new appreciation for the amazing job that Mandy does staying home with two monkeys every day! We've got some pictures of our week together, but I can't seem to come up with more than a few...give me a couple days, and I'll be back to post those.

I've personally had a lot of ups and downs in the past few weeks, and without going into great detail- losing anyone to cancer is an absolute nightmare. I've mentioned before that cancer has many peeks to balance the valleys...but boy are the valleys low. I hope you'll pray for families that are smack dab in the middle of a cancer nightmare, right now. My heart breaks for people going through any type of health scare, and I never want to forget our responsibility to carrying their burdens when they need us most.

Today mom & I went to see her oncologist for what might be the last time of their 10 year run together. New insurance regulations are making it hard for her to continue seeing the same doctor, so we're navigating our way through fighting to stay with him or finding someone new. Mom's treatment is a little tricky, so we're having to look for an oncologist that will continue her clinical trial, and keep her on the same protocol that she's on now. We love Dr. McCoy and ideally would like to stay with him, but we've got lots of good people looking out for our well being if we have to come out from under his wing. We'll keep you updated on whether we're being forced to fly the coup, or thankfully staying put. Other than that hiccup in our journey, all is well. Mom's recent bone and CT scans were clear, giving us another 28-days to breathe a sigh of relief.

I'll try to be back with a slide show of pictures with mom & the monkeys in the next few days...thanks, so much, for thinking about us all the time- even when we're not all that good about keeping up our end of the deal!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn insurance companies! I vote for Dr McCoy. Thanks for the update and good news. Love you all, Donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post, Morgan! Happy for great news and praying for a stay for Dr. McCoy!!!!!
Love to all,
Leigh

Anonymous said...

Morgan, I always knew deep down there were many reason's for your mom & I to cross paths..I've always felt like an outsider looking in, never really understanding the grip of the big C... that is until I met your mom...Now I'm on the inside & I get it & some days I'm in total denial..Dusty has been preparing me..for what,I wasn't sure...I know now & I am so grateful..I miss her& I love her & I can't wait to meet all of you...Thanks for sharing- Bonnie